SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – Representative Rob Bishop, (R) Utah, is moving on leaving an open seat in the 1st Congressional District for the first time in 18 years.
A crowded field has been narrowed down to four candidates in the running for the Republican nomination.
Blake Moore secured his spot on the primary ballot with a second place finish at convention.
He joins us on Inside Utah Politics to discuss his background and why he’s interested in taking over the seat.
A LOOK AT OTHER CANDIDATES:
- Republican Candidates in Utah’s 1st Congressional District go head-to-head
- Candidates for Utah Attorney General Republican Primary debate
- Utah’s GOP candidates for governor face-off in debate
- Democratic candidates in Utah’s 1st Congressional District face-off in debate
- Watch: Republican candidates in Utah’s 4th Congressional District debate