SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – Representative Rob Bishop, (R) Utah, is moving on leaving an open seat in the 1st Congressional District for the first time in 18 years.
A crowded field has been narrowed down to four candidates in the running for the Republican nomination.
Blake Moore secured his spot on the primary ballot with a second place finish at convention.
He joins us on Inside Utah Politics to discuss his background and why he’s interested in taking over the seat.
A LOOK AT OTHER CANDIDATES:
- 2CD Candidate Profile: Kael Weston
- The IUP Panel on the race for president, peace agreements, and the state of emergency
- Bipartisan effort underway to get feds to pay more for public lands in Utah
- The IUP Panel on the race for Salt Lake County Mayor and housing affordability
- Governor Gary Herbert on the current state of the Coronavirus pandemic in Utah