SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — U.S. Vice President Mike Pence is coming to Utah, where he’ll visit a medical-device manufacturer in suburban Salt Lake City.
His office said in a statement that Pence will tour the offices of disposable devices maker Merit Medical in South Jordan Thursday morning. The Republican who is popular with many officials in the GOP-leaning state is expected to speak to local leaders and employees.
Pence is scheduled to arrive in Salt Lake City on Wednesday from New Mexico, where he is expected to be a special guest for a United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement trade event.
Pence also visited Utah during the 2016 campaign, urging the voters in who felt uncomfortable with then-candidate Donald Trump to “come home” and vote Republican. President Trump later won in the conservative state.
What others are reading:
- Firefighters defend Sandy homes from fast-moving grass fire
- Local veterans set to board Honor Flight
- St. George Regional Airport to reopen; repairs caused at least $400,000 in lost revenue
- Mother dies from injuries sustained in crash that killed her 16-year-old daughter
- Salt Lake City chosen as 5G network test site