UPDATE (10/27/2019) The public search portion in the Search for Carol Stratton has been called off for the day.
“We have completed a very large search for today. If you want to help tomorrow (10-27-19) please come to the command center at 3700 West 4000 North in Cedar City,” said Iron County Sheriff in a post on their Facebook.
IRON COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Iron County Sheriff’s Office needs your help finding a missing and endangered elderly woman who doesn’t speak and suffers from dementia.
Police say 71-year-old Carol Stratton was last seen at 2 p.m. Saturday walking from 3750 West and 4000 North in Cedar City.
The Iron County Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone in the Iron County area to check their property, this may include outbuildings, barns, etc, for Carol Stratton.
Police say she stopped to visit someone than resumed her walk, but they are unsure which direction she went.
Carol is described as a white woman, 5′ 2″ tall, weighs 114 pounds, has grey hair and was wearing an orange and blue sweater with a red hat and a large jeweled necklace.
If you see Carol, please call the Iron County Sheriff’s Office at 435-867-7550.
*The original Silver Alert listed two different addresses Carol went missing from, however 3750 West 4000 North is the correct address*
This is is a developing story. Updates will be posted as they become available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Without Donovan Mitchell, Jazz still roll to 10th straight victory, 106-94
- Utah workers at the center of land use battle
- SLC teacher on returning to class feels her health is ‘in the middle of this political battle’
- Rollie Worster’s near triple-double helps Utah State end 2-game slide
- ‘I was qualified, and I happen to be female’: St. George’s first female mayor shares top priorities