WEST VALLEY CITY (ABC4 News) – West Valley City police are investigating after a woman was stabbed early Monday morning.
Officials say the incident happened at an apartment complex located at 3510 West Parkway Drive at about 6:30 a.m.
West Valley City Police tell ABC4 News a woman got into an argument with 49-year-old Ricardo Antjuan Rodriquez at the complex when he stabbed her in the lower back.
She sustained non-life threatening injuries but will have to undergo surgery.
Rodriguez was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on charges of felony aggravated assault and possession of a weapon by restricted person.
A background check on Rodriguez shows two convictions of forcible sex abuse in 1996 and 1997. He was sent to prison and is currently listed on the sex offender registry for Utah.
Police said he was recently released from prison but exactly when he was released was not immediately available.
This is a developing story and will be updated once more information is available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Group provides support to loved ones of homicide victims
- Traffic nightmare: I-80 closure, Guardsman Pass accident back up shut down routes between SLC & Park City
- SLCPD release body cam footage and details about July 25th officer-involved shooting
- Former U of U police officer involved in McCluskey case fired from Logan City Police Department
- The Justice Files: Anger over, but mother still seeks justice