UTAH (ABC4 News) – A suspected drunk driver was critically injured after crashing into a wall Monday evening while driving on the freeway.
The crash happened as she was driving eastbound on I-215 at 1400 West.
The driver drifted over to the left shoulder and struck the concrete barrier and came to rest between two lanes.
Sgt. Nick Street, UHP, said there was significant damage to the vehicle and the driver was non-responsive and was transported in serious life-threatening condition.
During a follow-up visit at the hospital, troopers were surprised to discover that the female driver was awake and responsive.
Open containers of alcohol were found inside the vehicle and impairment is being investigated as a contributing factor, according to Sgt. Street.
- Comcast Utah supports youth activism with social justice virtual event
- Record shattering 1,960 new COVID-19 cases Friday, Governor issues statement
- Police: 84-year-old woman found dead in Taylorsville, daughter in custody
- Photographs and Memories- Professional Photographer Chris Dickinson on Jessop’s Journal
- UPDATE: Bodycam footage released of man shot by Ogden police