EUREKA COUNTY, Nevada (ABC4 News) – One person is dead after a rollover crash on US 50 Saturday morning.
Jesse J. Watts, with the Eureka County Sheriff’s Office, says the Eureka County Communications Center was notified of a vehicle crash, on US 50 near Mile Marker 35 in Eureka County around 2:51 a.m. Saturday morning.
Watts says the preliminary investigation shows the driver, left his lane of travel, overcorrected and lost control of his vehicle, causing it to roll several times.
The solo driver of the vehicle has been identified by police as Harold “Matthew” Long, 52 of Eureka, Nevada and was pronounced deceased on scene, officials say.
The Nevada Highway Patrol is conducting the crash investigation. Deputies from the Eureka County Sheriff’s Office is conducting the coroner’s investigation.
What others are clicking on:
- Kansas teen’s cancer battle honored by Patrick Mahones during AFC Championship
- Former KC teammates, co-workers saw spark in 49ers’ female coach Katie Sowers, who’s making history
- Jazz keep rolling with an overpowering 129-96 victory against Golden State
- Utah lawmaker’s solution to those grappling with the rising cost of insulin
- Virginia Senate passes ‘red flag’ gun law