UPDATE (9/21/2019) Troopers have identified the man killed after striking the back of a semi in Box Elder County as John Hallum, 75, of Caldwell, Idaho.
TREMONTON, Utah (ABC4 News) – One person is dead and another in critical condition after a crash in Tremonton.
The crash happened on I-15 at milepost 374 at 12:14 p.m., according to Utah Highway Patrol troopers.
Troopers said traffic was slow from the weather, construction area, and a previous crash.
Troopers said a passenger car failed to slow down and struck the rear of the semi-truck killing the male driver.
The female passenger in the vehicle was transported to the hospital with critical injuries, according to troopers.
This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as they become available.
What others are reading:
- Video captures moment shots rang out near West Valley City park injuring one
- Deputies: Man absconds from jail work-release program
- Jazz stumble out of the break, lose to San Antonio, 113-104
- Man reported missing out of Moab
- New legislation proposes employer tax credit for child care