UPDATE: Police have identified the man killed during an officer involved shooting in Wellington as Bobby Ray Duckworth, 26.
A background check on Duckworth shows he has convictions of felony theft, assault by a prisoner, damaging jails, and drug distribution as well as misdemeanor charges of DUI, drug possession, assault, interfering with an arresting officer, and disorderly conduct.
CARBON COUNTY (ABC4 News) – One person was shot and killed by police in Carbon County Tuesday evening.
Carbon County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting which involved a Wellington City police officer happened around 7 p.m.
The person killed was only described as a “male subject.”
Carbon County officials said the officer, who was not harmed in the incident, was placed on administrative leave per Wellington City policy.
A multi-agency team led by the Carbon County Sheriff’s Office in conjunction with Price City Police Department, Emery County Sheriff’s Office, Carbon County Attorney’s Office is investigating the shooting.
This is a developing story. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 20-year-old man injured after being hit by a falling rock inside Uintah County cave
- BYU commits three turnovers and gets dominated by #22 Washington, 45-19
- The latest on the bus crash near Bryce Canyon that killed 4, injured more than a dozen others
- Utah unemployment rate remains steady at 2.8% in August
- West Jordan convenience store robbed at gunpoint, police looking for suspects