UPDATE: Police have identified the man killed during an officer involved shooting in Wellington as Bobby Ray Duckworth, 26.
A background check on Duckworth shows he has convictions of felony theft, assault by a prisoner, damaging jails, and drug distribution as well as misdemeanor charges of DUI, drug possession, assault, interfering with an arresting officer, and disorderly conduct.
CARBON COUNTY (ABC4 News) – One person was shot and killed by police in Carbon County Tuesday evening.
Carbon County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting which involved a Wellington City police officer happened around 7 p.m.
The person killed was only described as a “male subject.”
Carbon County officials said the officer, who was not harmed in the incident, was placed on administrative leave per Wellington City policy.
A multi-agency team led by the Carbon County Sheriff’s Office in conjunction with Price City Police Department, Emery County Sheriff’s Office, Carbon County Attorney’s Office is investigating the shooting.
This is a developing story. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- The Justice Files: $10,000 reward offered to help solve cold cases
- CDC advises parents to look out for polio-like condition in children
- Utah nears 1,000 wildfires this season, BYU students create a system to detect fires early
- Harris to Wolf: Fed agents deployed for political reasons?
- Texas father saves 4-year-old daughter from nearly 12-foot alligator