UPDATE: Police have identified the man killed during an officer involved shooting in Wellington as Bobby Ray Duckworth, 26.
A background check on Duckworth shows he has convictions of felony theft, assault by a prisoner, damaging jails, and drug distribution as well as misdemeanor charges of DUI, drug possession, assault, interfering with an arresting officer, and disorderly conduct.
CARBON COUNTY (ABC4 News) – One person was shot and killed by police in Carbon County Tuesday evening.
Carbon County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting which involved a Wellington City police officer happened around 7 p.m.
The person killed was only described as a “male subject.”
Carbon County officials said the officer, who was not harmed in the incident, was placed on administrative leave per Wellington City policy.
A multi-agency team led by the Carbon County Sheriff’s Office in conjunction with Price City Police Department, Emery County Sheriff’s Office, Carbon County Attorney’s Office is investigating the shooting.
This is a developing story. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- 3 more deaths, 1,077 test positive for COVID-19 in Utah
- Hazmat crews clean up fuel spill after tanker rollover in Bountiful