GRAND COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – One man is dead and another injured after a crash on Interstate 70 Wednesday.
The crash happened at 9:11 a.m. on I-70 about 7 miles from the Colorado/ Utah state line, according to Utah Highway Patrol troopers.
Troopers said a white Chevrolet Malibu with Utah plates and two male occupants were traveling eastbound when the vehicle ran off the roadway to the left and then overcorrected.
The vehicle reportedly crossed both eastbound lanes of travel and ran off the road to the right.
The vehicle, according to troopers, then slid down an embankment and rolled multiple times before coming to a rest on its top.
One of the male occupants was ejected during the crash and died on the scene while the other was transported to a hospital in Grand Junction, Colo. with minor injuries.
Troopers later identified the victim as Delvin W Staley, 30, of Logan, UT.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Without Donovan Mitchell, Jazz still roll to 10th straight victory, 106-94
- Utah workers at the center of land use battle
- SLC teacher on returning to class feels her health is ‘in the middle of this political battle’
- Rollie Worster’s near triple-double helps Utah State end 2-game slide
- ‘I was qualified, and I happen to be female’: St. George’s first female mayor shares top priorities