SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) — Nuzzles and Co. Pet Rescue and Adoption is reaching out to help both people and animals in the Navajo Nation during the COVID-19 pandemic through the “Sending Hope” campaign, according to a release.
The organization is currently hosting a drive that will run through May 25 at 7 p.m. to collect the following supplies. People can drop off donations at the entrance of Nuzzles and Co. Rescue Ranch, located at 6466 N Highview Rd. Peoa, UT.
Supplies for Navajo Nation Community Members:
Diapers – Baby Wipes
Supplies for Navajo Nation Animals:
Dry Dog/Cat Food
Canned Dog/Cat Food
Puppy/Kitten Milk Replacer
Nuzzles and Co. personnel will leave the Rescue Ranch on Tuesday, May 26 with two vehicles loaded with donations that will be distributed to those in need on the reservation.
“Our partnership with the Navajo Nation and assistance from Darrell McCurtain (Navajo tribe member), and employee, allows us to enter the reservation and assist with animal rescues, food and supplies,” said Lindsay Orgtega, Nuzzles & Co., Operations Director. “We visit the reservation on a monthly basis providing pet food and medical supplies regardless – so this trip we can also send supplies we collect to also help the tribal members.”
- Denver police chief walks arm-in-arm with protesters
- COVID-19 diagnosis shuts down two SLC liquor stores
- Fallout over man with bow and arrow at SLC protests
- Man accused of entering home, sexually assaulting woman and holding her against her will
- COVID-19 and Movies: Utah Film Center offers alternatives to view upcoming screenings