SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – A new gasoline brand is rolling into the area and elected officials are giving the company high praise for its commitment to air quality.
You may have noticed your local Shell or Exxon station is now Speedway.
The company is expanding into Utah with 26 locations. The reason it is getting so much attention is that it will begin selling low-sulfur, tier 3 fuel by January.
Governor Gary Herbert says it will have a huge impact on the air we breathe.
“Every time we fuel up with Tier 3 gasoline our automobiles produce 80% less pollution. It’s like taking 4 out of every 5 cars off the road,” said Herbert.
The governor says Speedway and its parent company Marathon have led the way on Tier 3, and he hopes others will follow.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- UPDATE: Loud sound heard along the Wasatch Front likely a sonic boom
- Police seek person of interest in trespassing and property damage incident
- What’s included in Hearth and Hill’s Halloween Family Meal Special?
- Do you know them? Suspects go on ‘shopping spree” with stolen wallet at Sam’s club, police say
- Man arrested for stealing ‘Ralph’ the pig from Heber City home