PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A Vancouver police K9 attacked a bystander while officers took another man into custody.
Police are investigating the incident, which was caught on camera. Video taken from a window over the area shows officers handcuffing a man on the sidewalk at West 13th and Columbia Street in downtown Vancouver.
The video pans to a police car across the street, where a K9 darts from the car and toward a man standing nearby.
The police dog appears to run straight for the man and started tugging on his sleeves. Vancouver police said the man was treated for minor injuries.
The man was not related to the initial police investigation.
Police are investigating the incident and said the police dog will be removed from service until the investigation.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Forced to wait in Mexico, asylum-seekers make video pleading with President Biden
- Mayor Mendenhall to give 2nd 2021 state of the city address
- ‘Not a broken way of being’: BYU research makes new strides in improving autism diagnoses
- Packers, Chiefs favorites heading into championship games
- Provo decides on developer to redo existing city hall block