A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Edisto Beach to South Santee River in South Carolina.
Tropical Storm Bertha is heading northwest at about 9 mph and is expected to continue moving in that direction through Wednesday night.
The storm is expected to make landfall within the next few hours, NHC said, before heading across eastern and northern South Carolina later in the day.
The storm will cross into west-central North Carolina by Wednesday night.
Heavy rainfall could bring flash flooding over parts of the Carolinas, and gusty winds could create rough waters and “life-threatening surf and rip currents” along the Georgia and Carolina coast Wednesday, NHC reports.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Utah reports 632 new coronavirus cases and 5 new deaths Saturday
- Teen shot, multiple detained after hotel party in West Valley