WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A Massachusetts child model appeared in a Target ad recently and it has gone viral online.
Colton and his mom are happy to see his recent modeling experience with Target to inspire other children with physical disabilities.
10-year-old Colton Robinson has spina bifida, and he has used a wheelchair since he was 2. He’s a child model and was chosen to be in a Target in-store ad.
This picture shows a boy named Oliver who also uses a wheelchair, staring off in awe at the Target ad of Colton.
ABC4 News affiliate, 22News, spoke with Colton and his mother about this experience and the impact Colton has had on Oliver and other children.
“It’s crazy because everyone is going up to me and they are just asking me a lot of questions. I like being a role model for other people.”Colton Robinson, West Springfield
“I never believed in a million years that he would be where he is today after starting off taking those pictures.”Ashley Robinson, Colton’s Mother
Colton said he’s not sure how long he plans to continue modeling, but he’s happy with how he’s already made a difference in Oliver’s life.
Oliver’s mother posted the photo online and it was shared more than 34,000 times.
Colton enjoys playing wheelchair basketball in his free time. But he’s on February vacation right now and looks forward to relaxing.
PHOTOS: Colton Robinson
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing