(NEWS10) – Spotify is cracking down on its family sharing plan.
According to its updated term of use policy, Spotify is now requiring the primary account holder and everyone else on the plan to verify they live at the same address.
In order to use the plan, Spotify says the account holder and members must live at the same address or risk having their account terminated.
Spotify says it uses Google Maps to help users find and set your address. It will periodically prompt you confirm to your address to ensure you’re still meeting the eligibility requirements.
A report by The Verge says Spotify tested a similar measure where it asked users to confirm their exact GPS coordinates. That was ended following privacy concerns.
What people are clicking on now:
- IN FOCUS Discussion: Mental Health Awareness Month
- St. George family loses home of 35 years to fire
- COVID-19 cases in Utah schools sees slight increase since mid-April
- Physician to parents: Get your tweens and early teens vaccinated against Covid-19
- How to transform your backyard into an outdoor theater