(NEWS10) – Spotify is cracking down on its family sharing plan.
According to its updated term of use policy, Spotify is now requiring the primary account holder and everyone else on the plan to verify they live at the same address.
In order to use the plan, Spotify says the account holder and members must live at the same address or risk having their account terminated.
Spotify says it uses Google Maps to help users find and set your address. It will periodically prompt you confirm to your address to ensure you’re still meeting the eligibility requirements.
A report by The Verge says Spotify tested a similar measure where it asked users to confirm their exact GPS coordinates. That was ended following privacy concerns.
What people are clicking on now:
- Officials identify teen who died in avalanche while snowmobiling with his dad
- After cashing in on QB gambles, Niners, Chiefs in Super Bowl
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Chiefs’ Reid headed back to Super Bowl after long absence
- Not All Mahomes: Chiefs defense shuts down Titans game plan