(KLFY) — It’s almost here.
The Popeyes chicken sandwich that sold out in two weeks and had people waiting hours in the drive-thru line will return in early November, according to a report from Bloomberg News.
The restaurants will hire an additional 400 employees and change their workflow to handle the expected rush of customers.
Reports around the country were that lines regularly were out into the street at stores.
“The first time they weren’t ready,” Guillermo Perales, CEO of Sun Holdings Inc., which operates about 150 Popeyes locations, said.
A specific date for the sandwich’s return wasn’t given.
- Family now seeks justice after Wilson boy killed, man captured
- Police: Box truck rear-ends school bus, 1 dead, 7 injured
- Judge invalidates Trump rollback of law protecting birds
- ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’: 9-year-old Oklahoma boy wants place to call home
- ‘I had no clue it would impact so many’: Teacher’s positive back-to-school post goes viral