(TRIB MEDIA) – SEATTLE (KCPQ) – A Seattle police captain is accused of sexual exploitation after he was arrested in an undercover operation by his own department.
“Seattle Police arrested a 53-year-old SPD employee last night in an undercover Vice operation in North Seattle,” said a Seattle Police Department spokesperson. “The employee was booked into King County Jail with a request for misdemeanor charges, and the information was forwarded to the Office of Police Accountability.”
Randal Woolery, 53, was booked into the King County Jail shortly after midnight Thursday and was released less than half an hour later, according to the jail roster.
Sources told KIRO that Woolery offered the undercover officer, who was posing as a prostitute, $40.
A police department spokesperson said the suspect is a 31-year veteran of SPD and was assigned to the Professional Standards Bureau.
The suspect was placed on administrative leave.
What others are clicking on:
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing