MISSION, Tx. (WFLA) — After a Texas officer was shot and killed in the line of duty, his fellow men in blue vowed to take care of his family, so dozens of them showed up for his son’s first football game.
Corporal Jose “Speedy” Espericueta was shot and killed in the line of duty in June, becoming the first Mission police officer to die in the line of duty in over 40 years, according to CNN.
After Espericueta’s death, Mission officers made a vow that they would take care of his family.
They weren’t alone.
Members of the Mission Police Department, Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Office, and Border Patrol agents for the Rio Grande Valley showed up for Espericueta’s son Joaquin’s first football game, where he was named honorary captain.
- Body cam video: Reno officer hit by taser, accidentally shoots suspect
- Video shows a man in parachute slam into building in downtown Cleveland
- Firefighters battle field fire near Draper furniture stores
- Juveniles in custody after high speed chase
- Another push for governor? Social media post renews Huntsman write-in candidacy