LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Botham Jean, 26 was shot and killed in his own apartment on Sept. 6, 2018 by Amber Guyger who was a Dallas police officer.
Botham Jean graduated from Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas.
According to The Undefeated the NFL is trying to raise awareness on social injustice issues through its ‘Responsibility Program.’ This is the third PSA released so far and an attorney for the Botham Jean Foundation says the NFL will play the ad during Super Bowl LIV on Feb. 2.
Watch the video below:
Amber Guyger was convicted of Botham Jeans’ murder. The jury took a matter of hours to convict Guyger, 31, after six days of testimony.
Guyger was arrested three days after the killing and was later fired and charged with murder.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- ‘Generous’: $1,400 stimulus checks could be approved by Tuesday
- Provo man arrested after firing multiple shots at car during dispute
- Donovan Mitchell scores 15 points, Rudy Gobert goes for 10 in NBA All-Star Game
- Utah Fire department delivers pizzas after driver gets into wreck, Friday
- Utah woman points gun at police officer’s head during welfare check