GRAND CANYON, Arizona – (ABC4 News) – National Park Service rangers located a 58-year-old man in Grand Canyon National Park who had been missing for 10 days, according to the National Park Service.
Rangers located Martin Edward O’Connor, from La Porte, Texas, in the inner rim and transported him by helicopter at around 10 a.m. Thursday.
Hikers reported to park rangers that they saw O’Connor on the New Hance Trail on Wednesday afternoon. Rangers found O’Connor there Thursday morning.
O’Connor was last seen at the Yavapai Lodge on Dec. 2019. He is receiving a medical examination. No information is available about his health at this time.
What others are reading:
- Crashes cause I-15 to turn into what many call the ‘I-15 parking lot’; UDOT offers alternatives
- Don’t go cold this winter: There are options for those struggling to pay utility bills
- Temporary homeless shelter opens in Sugar House
- The Justice Files: New hope for Madison Jensen’s family
- Like a Starbucks: CEO previews medical cannabis dispensary opening in Vernal