SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – A man accused of slapping a Georgia reporter on the rear during a live report has been arrested.
Thomas Callaway is charged with sexual battery in connection to the incident at Saturday’s bridge run in Savannah.
He turned himself in Friday at the Chatham County Sheriff’s Office and has since been released on $1,300 bond.
In a brief e-mail Friday, Bozarjian’s attorney, Gloria Allred, said “Alex is looking forward to justice in this case.”
WSAV has issued the following statement regarding the arrest:
The conduct displayed toward Alex Bozarjian during her live coverage of Saturday’s Savannah Bridge Run was reprehensible and completely unacceptable.
No one should ever be disrespected in this manner. The safety and protection of our employees is WSAV-TV’s highest priority.
WSAV continues to support Alex completely as this case moves forward.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Last Chiefs Super Bowl featured bizarre military reenactment at halftime
- Kansas teen’s cancer battle honored by Patrick Mahones during AFC Championship
- Former KC teammates, co-workers saw spark in 49ers’ female coach Katie Sowers, who’s making history
- Jazz keep rolling with an overpowering 129-96 victory against Golden State
- Utah lawmaker’s solution to those grappling with the rising cost of insulin