LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) Neighbors and friends in one Lafayette North neighborhood held a drive-by parade Tuesday to say goodbye to 1-year-old Harper Wheeler.
Harper, described by many as a little ball of energy, has been living in Lafayette with his grandmother, Gloria Wheeler, for the past seven weeks while his mom Tasha, a traveling nurse anesthetist, worked the front lines in Texas hospitals.
The parade featured some of his favorite sesame street characters.
On Wednesday, Harper gets to go home and be reunited with his mom.
- Jazz blow another late lead and lose to New Orleans, 98-97
- Police officer and suspect shot in South Jordan, both in stable condition
- Utes defense shuts down Colorado 28-13, in regular season finale
- Broadway icon, lyricist behind ‘West Side Story’ Stephen Sondheim dead at 91
- “Horsing Around” This Sunday morning at 10 on ABC4 – preview of Jessop’s Journal