(CNN) – George Zimmerman is going after Trayvon Martin’s family for millions of dollars in a new lawsuit.
He has filed a $100-million suit against Martin’s parents, their attorney, and others.
Zimmerman was acquitted of murdering martin after he shot and killed the 17-year-old back in 20-12.
He now claims the teen’s parents knew a woman who testified during the trial was a fake witness.
Zimmerman is also alleging defamation by the Martin family attorney– Ben Crump.
In a statement, Crump calls the lawsuit “unfounded and reckless” and says Zimmerman is trying to profit off the martin family’s grief.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- COVID-19 POLL: Are you comfortable with sending your children to school in the fall?
- Salt Lake Chamber congratulates Lt. Governor Spencer Cox on becoming Republican gubernatorial nominee
- After Supreme Court ruling, what’s next for DACA?
- ‘Nothing would have protected us.’ Utah Downwinders oppose return of nuclear testing
- 96 inmates, 9 staff members test positive for coronavirus at jail in Washington County