FORT RUCKER, Ala. (WDHN) — Fort Rucker has identified the soldier that was found dead around Clayhatchee Sunday morning.
The soldier was Chief Warrant Officer 2 David Faris, 35, assigned to the 110th Aviation Brigade. Faris was a native of Orangeburg, South Carolina and had served in the Army since 2005.
“Fort Rucker officials are deeply saddened by the loss of this Soldier,” a release from the post states. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.”
Army CID and local police are still investigating what led to Faris’ death.
- Police arrest two men accused of shooting a man, dumping body in West Desert
- Utah blows 21-0 halftime lead and loses to Washington, 24-21
- BYU wins third straight game, beating Utah Valley, 82-60
- Encompass Health staff asking for clothing donations for Utah’s veterans
- Mysterious Utah Monolith disappears