SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A Massachusetts man was arrested after a road rage incident in which he is accused of shooting at another car Sunday while driving with a child in his car.
According to Springfield Police Department spokesperson Ryan Walsh, officers were called to a ShotSpotter activation at around 12:40 p.m. Officers found numerous shell casings in the area.
Walsh said two vehicles were involved in the road rage incident and a minor crash occurred. One driver was identified as 40-year-old Juan Franco, who is accused of shooting another vehicle with two people inside.
Police later detained Franco after a traffic stop. A 4-year-old child was removed from the car. Officers also found a firearm inside the car, and Franco was positively identified as the person who fired the gun.
Juan Franco is charged with the following:
- Carrying a loaded firearm without a license
- Carrying a firearm without a license
- Two counts of attempted assault and battery with a firearm (two counts)
- Discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building
- Malicious damage to a motor vehicle
- Reckless endangerment of a child
- Leaving the scene of a property damage crash