(WATE) — The Consumer Product Safety Commission is warning people to stop using a specific kind of bassinet.
The Sumr Brands (formerly Summer Infant) “SwaddleMe By Your Bed Sleeper” is a product, the CPSC says, that puts infants at risk of suffocation.
However, they’re not aware of any incidents or deaths.
Officials with the sleeper’s maker, Sumr Brands, say the bassinet hasn’t been produced in more than a year and is no longer being sold at major retailers.
It’s also important to note that the “SwaddleMe By Your Bed Sleeper” is not currently on recall by the CPSC.
Sumr Brands saying it has significant design differences from other inclined sleepers.
- Matt Haarms scores 23 as BYU rolls past Portland, 95-67
- 1 year later: What Utah officials wish they knew when COVID first hit
- Utah National Guard broadens COVID-19 support throughout Utah
- Uintah City Firefighters locked out of firehouse as annexation hangs in the balance
- Gov. Spencer Cox highlights educational funding, tax cuts in first state of the state