BELLAIRE, Ohio (WTRF) “It’s a rite of passage–but this year the kids came home with more than sand in their shorts–they got COVID 19,” said Bellaire Schools Superintendent Darren Jenkins.
He said the numbers are unclear, and it was a diverse group.
“There were graduating seniors from our district and Shadyside and other places.” said Jenkins.
“There were underclassmen, and there were those who had graduated several years ago.”
So Bellaire has suspended all extracurricular activities for the time being, and has closed the buildings to everyone.
He says the schools will be deep cleaned and sanitized, and activities will only be resumed when everyone is out of quarantine.
- Alex Barcello sets school record as BYU holds off San Francisco, 79-73
- Woman in prior child sex abuse case and boyfriend charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- Ogden to host ‘First Friday Art Stroll’ on March 5
- Sen. Lee introduces PROMISE Act targeting ‘political bias’ in big tech companies
- IN FOCUS Discussion: Black History Month – Unique Stories