SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A motorcyclist killed while merging into traffic on I-215 Friday afternoon has been identified.
According to Utah Highway Patrol, the rider was 24-year-old Ernie F. Huerta-Rodriguez of Salt Lake City.
The crash happened near northbound I-215 W at 4700 South in Taylorsville after Huerta-Rodriguez lost control of his bike as he entered the freeway.
Huerta-Rodriguez hit a car traveling on the freeway and after impact, fell off his bike. The bike became wedged under the car, which continued to travel a few hundred feet before they both caught fire.
Huerta-Rodriguez died at the scene. The driver of the car was not injured.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Multi day storm event—wet weather to stay through weekend
- Jazz get hot in Minnesota and knock off Timberwolves, 127-116
- Many Republicans & Democrats still not on board with tax reform proposal
- Amazon presents Volunteers of America, Utah with $30K donation to fight homelessness
- USPS expects a busy holiday season