MILLCREEK, Utah (ABC4 News) – Millcreek Mayor Jeff Silvestrini issued a directive Monday easing regulations for restaurants and food establishments to encourage outdoor dining during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The directive states that for the duration of the pandemic, restaurants and fast food establishments may utilize landscaped areas and parking areas for outdoor dining, provided they meet all applicable requirements of the state of Utah.
The Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control and the requirements of the Salt Lake County Health
• No food or beverage preparation outdoors; only dining;
• No food or beverage storage outdoors;
• Indoor restroom access must be provided; portable toilets are prohibited;
• Pets are not allowed in outdoor dining areas unless the restaurant has or obtains a “Paws on
the Patio” permit; and
• Dining may not encroach on a public right-of-way
“We have closed several of our tables inside our restaurant to abide by social distancing standards,” said Julie Hunt, owner of Millcreek restaurant Lettuce and Ladles. “Having options to move more of our tables outside will allow us to serve more customers while still being safe,” she said. “Thank you,
Millcreek City officials say they continue to look for innovative ways to help their community’s restaurants. They were the first city in the state to allow delayed business license payments and suspend temporary sign ordinances so that businesses could announce that they were open.
Last week, Millcreek also launched an interactive map to help residents find out which restaurants are open for dine-in or take-out. One can simply type in their address or click on an area of the map to see the open restaurants nearby.
LATEST NEWS STORIES:
- Indiana firefighters rescue injured owl stuck in frozen lake
- Bicyclist hit by car, then stabbed to death by driver at California intersection
- Couple expecting baby sees fetus flashing ‘peace sign’ in ultrasound
- Jobs report gives Biden pre-State of the Union boost
- Camp Hill sportswear store supplying Eagles gear, merch