SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) Toys For Tots is underway in Utah. The primary goal of Toys for Tots is to deliver, through a shiny new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to underserved children that will motivate them to grow into responsible, productive, patriotic citizens and community leaders. Jen Kauer joined Nicea DeGering live at Papa Murphy’s in Clinton, to show us how they are doing just that.
United States Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program celebrates 70 years in 2017! The Utah Toys for Tots program has been in place for 39 years…..ABC 4 Utah has been the official television sponsor for more than 20 years.
Papa Murphy’s is this year’s official toy collection location for Toys for Tots throughout the entire state of Utah, including Elko, Rock Springs and Evanston. You will see an official Toys for Tots donation box at each of these participating stores. Drop off a new, unwrapped toy for children ages 0 to 14 at participating Papa Murphy’s stores and receive a discount card worth over $30 to use at Papa Murphy’s.
The objectives of Toys for Tots are:
- to help less fortunate children throughout the United States experience the joy of Christmas;
- to play an active role in the development of one of our nation’s most valuable resources – our children;
- to unite all members of local communities in a common cause for three months each year during the annual toy collection and distribution campaign;
- and to contribute to better communities in the future.
- Registration is open from September 15, to December 4, 2017. Toy sorting begins December 11-13. Toys will then be distributed December 14-17.
If you have or know a child in need of a toy this Christmas, register him/her on the website listed below. Also use family, friends, library or school counselors as a resource. To pick up a toy for your child in need, be sure to have the parent or guardian identification. The parent or guardian will also need the child’s birth certificate.
For more information and to register, visit ToysForTots.org.