Chef Lesli Sommerdorf from Harmons joined Midday with a recipe she created.
Seared Shrimp and Snap Pea Salad
From Chef Lesli Sommerdorf
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 8 oz. snap peas, trimmed and sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp chopped red jalapeño or red bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add the oil. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, add to the pan and cook until no longer translucent and beginning to brown on the first side. Turn over cook the second side until pink and slightly golden brown.
Transfer to a plate to rest.
In a bowl, combine the snap peas, green onions, jalapeño, cilantro, ginger, lime juice, rice vinegar, canola oil, and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with shrimp.