SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – We have entered the holiday season and millions will be going around the country and maybe the world with their phones, tablets and or laptops.
Associate Professor Rod Buhler from Salt Lake Community College sat down with Nicea DeGering on ABC4 News Midday to give simple tips on how you can protect yourself in the digital world.
- Physically secure your phone and other devices.
- Turn off Bluetooth when not in use and in close proximity of strangers.
- Turn of WiFi.
- Never use open/free WiFi when traveling.
- Avoid charging stations at airports and public spaces.
- Secure your digital accounts by changing to strong passwords.
- If you rent a car and connect your phone to it, make sure to delete all data from the car when you return it.
For more information, click here.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ‘How To’ guide for downtown Salt Lake City during the holidays
- Live coverage & analysis: Judiciary Committee nears impeachment vote
- Multi day storm event—wet weather to stay through weekend
- Jazz get hot in Minnesota and knock off Timberwolves, 127-116
- Many Republicans & Democrats still not on board with tax reform proposal