Harmons is firing up their roasters for fresh Anaheim chiles.
They’ll be roasting every Friday and Saturday through September 2, as well as Labor Day.
Chef Aaron from Harmons joined Midday with a recipe using the roasted chilies.
Roasted Chile Chicken Empanadas
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1/3 cup rotisserie chicken meat, white and dark, shredded
1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
1/3 cup roasted chilies, 3/8″ dice
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup whipped cream cheese
16 5″ empanada doughs cut from puff pastry
1 egg whipped
1. Combine cream cheese chicken, cheese, roasted chilies, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in mixing bowl.
2. Defrost empanada pastry dough.
3. Cut dough into 5″ rounds.
4. Place pastry dough on scale and place .7 ounces of filling on each round.
5. Fold into half moon and crimp edges with fork or fingers to seal.
6. Coat each empanada with egg.
7. Place on parchment covered baking sheet. Bake in in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Rotate if necessary for hot spots. DO NOT over bake.
For more information, please visit: www.harmonsgrocery.com.