PARK CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Don’t miss the chance to hike for hunger this weekend.
The family-friendly event takes place at Deer Valley from 3p-6pm on Saturday, September 14th.
Director of Programs Pete Stoughton and Volunteer Coordinator Jessica Bryant stopped by Midday to share details on this hike and what this means to the Wasatch Back where hunger is a big issue in the community 1 in 5 residents in low income by national standards.
They said combined their Heber Valley and Park City Food Pantries serve more than 1350 households a month.
Find out more on this event here and how you can be apart of helping the cause.
What others are reading:
- Amid rising COVID-19 cases, two high schools to be closed for nearly a month
- Behind The Badge: On the road or on the case, Tracker Tim Cottrell is in it for the long run
- Utah deploys third group of firefighters to fight California wildfires
- Gubernatorial candidates comment on COVID-19 outbreaks on college campuses
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill