Chef Cheryl Schaefer with Harmons, and Kid Chef Emma Evanson joined Nicea DeGering in the kitchen today with a fun Halloween treat idea the kids and family will love.
Chocolate Buttercream Ingredients:
1 lb. Butter, room temperature
2 lbs. (8 C) Powdered Sugar
3 ½ oz. Cocoa
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Vanilla
¼ – ½ Cup Milk (as needed for consistency)
1. Cream butter until very soft and light in color.
2. Sift together sugar and cocoa.
3. Add salt. Alternating, add sugar and milk until all are absorbed by butter.
4. Season with Vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
Sweet & Spooky Graves
Chocolate Buttercream (recipe above)
Fudge Covered Graham Cookies
White Writing Icing Tube
Fun Size Candy Bars
Mellow Cream Pumpkins
Bone Shaped Tart Candies
1. Lay fudge graham cookies flat and write on the top 1/3 of the cookie, R.I.P.
2. Spread a graham cracker with chocolate buttercream.
3. Using a dot of buttercream “glue” a fudge graham to the end of a fun size candy bar and place on graham cracker approximately 1” from one end. This makes the coffin and headstone.
4. Place a marshmallow ghost behind the headstone to peak out from behind the grave.
5. Place a mellow cream pumpkin on the opposite side of the headstone.
6. Scatter bone candy around gravesite.