SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – With going back-to-school on the brains of many parents around the state it’s a time to also remember the students who may not have all of the essentials needed for heading back to class.
This Saturday, The Omega Psi Phi Tri Lota Chapter of Salt Lake City will hold the 13th annual Back to School BBQ at Sugar House Park in the Sugar Beet pavilion.
This event, running from 2 p.m – 7 p.m., is open to the public and will host a list of activities for the entire family with free food, games, backpacks, and school supplies.
The event also will have information on how to obtain social and financial support among other professional information tablets.
In conjunction with the 13th annual Back to School BBQ. The American Red Cross will hold a Blood Drive and Health Fair featuring Dr. Charles Drew.
For more information about the 13th annual Back to School BBQ please visit www.Ques-TriIota.org
Sugar House Park Sugar Beet Pavilion is located at 1400 East 2100 South in Salt Lake City.
What others are reading:
- Fire crews work to contain wildfire near Goshen
- Lawmakers hope other teams will follow Redskins’ lead
- Kroger cashiers stop giving customers coins for change amid shortage spurred by pandemic
- Utah earthquake declared presidential disaster, SBA assistance now available
- Save local stages: Concert venue industry urges Congress for COVID-19 relief