Here’s a great recipe for your Independence Day cookouts!
Chicken Ranch Burgers With Halloumi Cheese
From Chef Lesli Sommerdorf for Harmons
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, packed
- 3 tablespoons shelled pistachios, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Canola oil
- 6 Harmons chicken ranch patties
- 6 ounces halloumi cheese, sliced 1/2″ thick
- 6 piquillo peppers, butterflied
- 6 burger buns
In bowl of a food processor with blade attachment, add all pesto ingredients and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Clean and oil grill grate.
Grill chicken patties until grill marks appear, 8-10 minutes. Turn over and cook on second side until grill marks appear and a meat thermometer registers 165 degrees, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Oil grill grate and add halloumi slices in a single layer. Cook until grill marks appear, about 2 min. Add piquillo peppers and cook until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes. Add buns and cook until toasted, 2 minutes.
To assemble, spread pesto on one side of each bun and layer chicken patties, halloumi, and piquillo pepper slices.