January is National Soup Month.
Chef Debbie Iverson from Harmons joined Midday with a yummy recipe.
Chicken Enchilada Soup
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced small
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken (Harmons)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep all ingredients before starting.
Heat oil in a stock pan over medium heat. Add onion a sauté until onions become transparent. Add garlic and cilantro cooking for about another minute or until garlic becomes fragrant.
Add tomatoes, chilies, broth and enchilada sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes
Add chicken, lime juice, cumin, beans and corn. Continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Add sour cream, cheese and seasonings. Stir until cheese and sour cream are melted.
- diced avocado and tomato
- tortilla strips
- sour cream
- shredded cheese