TAMPA (WFLA) – NBA legend Michael Jordan donated $2 million to the nationwide hunger-relief charity, Feeding America.
In a statement, Jordan said the money comes from proceeds he earned from The Last Dance documentary.
“In these challenging times and in a year of unimaginable difficulty due to COVID-19, it’s more important than ever to pause and give thanks,” he said. “I am proud to be donating additional proceeds from The Last Dance to Feeding America and its member food banks in the Carolinas and Chicago to help feed America’s hungry.”
The charity encouraged others to go to FeedingAmerica.org/COVID19 to learn how to donate or volunteer this holiday season.
- Red Rocks ready to open Pac-12 competition
- Student loan debt relief: Biden tells Education Department to pause payments until October
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- There will be no inaugural ball tonight: Here’s what will take its place
- Chiefs’ Chad Henne goes from backup QB to playoff stage