MURRAY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Congressman Ben McAdams and Florida Congresswoman and former Health and Human Services Secretary Donna Shalala will meet with leaders with Intermountain Healthcare to learn about innovative ways the health care provider is moving towards value-based care that improves patient outcomes and lowers costs for those needing health care.
With the continued rise in cost of prescription drugs and concern from Utahn’s about being able to afford health care.
“So many people tell me on a daily basis how the burdens of paying for healthcare for them and their loved ones is one of the biggest drivers in the families budgets and it’s oftentimes unachievable,” said McAdams.
McAdams also said he is looking for innovative work that is transferable across the country.
Intermountain Healthcare also held a live demonstration about the new era of medicine that is enhancing patient access in rural communities through the telehealth community.
McAdams said that Intermountain is sharing what it has learned on minimizing uncontrolled growth in health care spending.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Gubernatorial candidates comment on COVID-19 outbreaks on college campuses
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- ‘I went into debt’: Federal judge issues last-minute hold on naturalization fee increase
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Unseasonable warmth for the first full week of Autumn