WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A 19-year-old man wanted to sell a pair of shoes, but the buyer had a different plan in mind.
Lt. Amy Maurer from the West Valley Police Department said the incident happened at 7 p.m. on Friday.
The victim had been trying to sell shoes on Facebook when the suspect showed interest, according to Lt. Maurer.
The victim is said to have made plans to meet with the suspect at 4760 West 4715 South to sell the shoes.
When they met, the suspect reportedly pulled a handgun which then resulted in s struggle between the victim and the suspect.
The suspect hit the victim in the head with the handgun and the suspect fled the scene and has still not been apprehended according to Lt. Maurer.
The suspect reportedly used a fake Facebook account so police say they have no suspect description yet.
Anyone who may have witnessed the exchange or has any information about the incident is asked to call the West Valley Police Department at 801-840-4000.
This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as they become available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Empty Utah: SLCC Redwood Campus
- Utah County Attorney David Leavitt tests positive for COVID-19
- Who can or should be tested for COVID-19? Depends on who you ask
- Navajo Nation reports 12 confirmed deaths, 270 positive tests of coronavirus
- Boat ramps on Lake Powell to close April 6