UPDATE 05/14: Officials with the Unified Police Department say the victim of Wednesday night’s traffic accident in Taylorsville has died from his injuries.
Police have identified the victim as Andrew Steven Miller Jenkins, age 35, of Cottonwood Heights.
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News) – One person was taken to the hospital in extremely critical condition after a crash Wednesday.
The crash happened after 8 p.m. when a driver ran a red light at 6200 South and Redwood Road and slammed into two other vehicles, according to police.
The driver of one of the vehicles had to be taken to the hospital in extremely critical condition.
Everyone else involved in the crash reportedly received minor injuries. The intersection remained closed “for several hours” while police clean up and investigate the crash.
This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as they become available.
LATEST NEWS STORIES:
- Without Donovan Mitchell, Jazz still roll to 10th straight victory, 106-94
- Utah workers at the center of land use battle
- SLC teacher on returning to class feels her health is ‘in the middle of this political battle’
- Rollie Worster’s near triple-double helps Utah State end 2-game slide
- ‘I was qualified, and I happen to be female’: St. George’s first female mayor shares top priorities