UPDATE: Murray Fire officials say the man injured in the motorhome fire has died from his injuries sustained from the fire.
Officials have not yet released the identity of the man.
MURRAY (ABC4 News) – A motorhome catches on fire early Tuesday morning, sending a man to the hospital.
It happened around midnight near Cherry Street and Jensen Lane in Murray, according to officials.
Firefighters say they responded to the area after the man inside the motorhome was able to get out and call for help. They say a passerby called 911.
When crews arrived, they put out the fire in a matter of minutes. The man reportedly suffered serious burns on his legs and was flown to the University of Utah burn unit for treatment.
Crews say the fire appeared to have started towards the top back of the trailer and believe the fire to be electrical but the exact cause is under investigation.
It is unclear whether the man has insurance.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 676 new cases of COVID-19 announced in Utah Saturday, no new deaths
- Classic Car Show rolls through streets of Millcreek
- Bruno the Bear makes it to Missouri on interstate trek
- Painting by blind artist featured in Jubilee Festival Poster
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Congress attempt to reduce hot car deaths