SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A man spent four hours stuck in a drain pipe Saturday.
The incident happened this morning near the junction of Interstate 80 and Interstate 15 in Salt Lake City.
The Salt Lake City Fire Department says they don’t know how the 40-year-old man became stuck in the drain at about 200 South and 900 West.
SLC Fire says the victim reportedly tried to call for help for four hours before someone finally heard him and called 9-1-1.
Once help arrived on scene, it didn’t take firefighters long to get the man out.
The man was treated for his injuries at the scene.
What others are reading:
- Summit County faces shortage of dispatchers, reports exceeding overtime budget by 400 percent
- Firefighters defend Sandy homes from fast-moving grass fire
- Local veterans set to board Honor Flight
- St. George Regional Airport to reopen; repairs caused at least $400,000 in lost revenue
- Mother dies from injuries sustained in crash that killed her 16-year-old daughter