OGDEN, Utah (ABC4 Utah) A home exploded into flames Tuesday night — and video captured by a neighbor shows the man inside that home jumping from the roof.

Video shows a man crawl down from a second-story window, even as flames consumed much of the house he was in.

The fire happened just after 6 p.m. in the 2800 block of Monroe Boulevard.

Firefighter say the flames were shooting 30 feet into the air when they arrived on scene of the house fire. Officials confirmed the fire started as an explosion.

There was also a natural gas leak that officials were concerned with on Tuesday night.

When firefighters responded, they said the fire was so massive that they focused on keeping the damage away from nearby homes.
 

 
ABC4 Utah spoke to a neighbor about what he saw and heard.

“We hear the big explosion. I come out and I see that the police was already here…. And then, we see the fire, and then somebody yelled that some guy was in there.”

That neighbor says the man inside the home who jumped down had severe burns all down his side.