IRON COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Two drivers were injured after a head-on crash Tuesday.
The incident happened just before 4 p.m. when a officials say a Chevy Equinox was traveling southbound on I-15 near mile marker 68 by Parowan.
Troopers say for an unknown reason, the driver of the Chevy reportedly smashed into the median and crashed, nearly head-on with a northbound Buick Lacrosse.
Officials say both drivers had to be extricated from their respective cars.
The driver of the Buick was flown to Dixie Regional Medical Center while officials say the driver of the Chevy was transported to the hospital by ambulance.
Northbound I-15 was temporarily shut down while the helicopter was on the ground, according to officials.
This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as they become available.
What others are reading:
- Three more arrested in connection attack on black missionary
- TJ Haws scores 28 as #23 BYU holds off Santa Clara, 85-75
- Utes lose second home game of the season, falling to UCLA, 69-58
- Mother of missing Idaho children arrested in Hawaii
- Comedian Brad Williams helps raise over $150,000 for bullied 9-year-old