SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News)- Do you know what happens when a fire starts in the back of a garbage truck? The driver dumps the load so that the truck doesn’t catch on fire.
It happened this morning near 900 South 700 West Tuesday morning.
Officials say an officer smelled fire coming from the back of the truck, pulled the driver over to alert them, and from there the driver followed protocol and dumped the load.
Within just a few minutes the pile burst into flames.
Fire crews responded and put out the fire quickly.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
What others are clicking on:
- Snowboarder dies after being buried in avalanche in Summit County
- Man seated inside In-N-Out when elderly driver crashed into it has died
- Video appears to show Draper restaurant employee urinating in kitchen
- 6 semi trucks involved in 9 vehicle crash on I-80 in Wyoming
- State representative says school start times should be pushed back