PORT-AU-PRINCE, HAITI (ABC4 News) – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints dedicated their temple in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti on Sunday.
It’s the church’s first temple in the country.
The temple was announced on April 5, 2015, broke ground on October 28, 2017, and held a public open house from August 8th through the 17th of 2019.
Church officials say this is the second temple in the Caribbean, following the Santo Domingo Dominican Republic Temple.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ‘Tears were flowing’: Mayor Jenny Wilson recounts experience at US-Mexico border
- Minors bringing weapons to Salt Lake County schools on the rise
- Search and rescue operation underway for missing kayakers near Antelope Island
- Weber State University provides food pantry for students experiencing food insecurity
- Child hospitalized after becoming entangled in window blind cords