LEHI, Utah (ABC4 News) – A young child was rushed to Primary Children’s Hospital after an accidental strangulation Tuesday evening.
Lehi City Fire officials said they were dispatch to a home in the area of 1700 West 400 South around 6:30 p.m.
An elementary-school aged boy was playing on playground equipment at his home when he was hurt.
According to Lehi Fire Captain Shad Hatfield, the boy became entangled in a jump rope attached to the play equipment, and he was “accidentally strangled while going down the slide.”
The child was airlifted to the hospital in critical condition.