Newsfore Opt-In Form

Why pink wigs are this month’s big trend

Local News

Each day, three women in Utah are diagnosed with breast cancer. This month, Komen Utah is encouraging business and community leader in our state to join the fight against breast cancer.

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month so Komen Utah is celebrating with the launch of a campaign called the “BigWig”. During the month-long campaign each “BigWig” will raise or give a minimum of $2,000. Campaign officials say that money will be used “to ensure access to essential breast health services and education programs, and support research to find the cures for breast cancer.”

75 percent of funds raised stay in the local community. The other 25 percent will go toward research to find the cure.

12 BigWigs have teamed up with Komen Utah including ABC4’s own Nicea DeGering and Reagan Leadbetter.  

To donate to their cause and for more about Komen Utah and the BigWig campaign click here.

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month Allison Baver is donating 20% of all purchases made on her Flawless workout collection to Susan G. Komen. Click here to buy these pink, adorable workout clothes.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Hide Custom HTML H2 CSS